- Support NDN
President and Founder
An experienced television news producer and highly regarded political strategist and thinker, Simon has spent more than twenty years in national media and politics. He is a veteran of two Presidential campaigns, including a leading role in the Clinton War Room, and in his current capacity advises leading politicians, Administration officials and policy makers on a wide range of issues here in the United States and abroad. He is a frequent commentator in the national media, appearing regularly in major national newspapers, political journals and on cable and network television. And he is very very excited about the rise of the Nationals in his adopted home town, Washington, DC.
Stay in touch with Simon:
Invite Simon to speak at your event:
To inquire about Simon's availability please email Andres Chong-Qui at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent Essays, Citations:
US research on living standards influences Labour policy, February 8, 2013, The Guardian
The Immigration System is Better, the Border is Safer, But More to Do, February 7, 2013, Huffington Post
The Most Important Chart in American Politics, February 4, 2013, TIME Magazine
NDN Analysis: Hard to Argue There Is A Culture of Violence in the US, January 9, 2013, NDN.org.
Leaving The Reagan Era Behind, December 15, 2012, NDN.org.
New Polls Show GOP Brand in Bad Shape, December 13, 2012, NDN.org.
On Math and Muggles: The GOP's Post 2012 Challenge, November 27, 2012, NDN.org.
Election 2012: NDN Wins The Hill's Election Prediction Contest for the Second Time, November 9, 2012, NDN.org.
Election Day 2012 Memo: Why Voters Are Not Voting for the Status Quo, The Consent of the Governed and More, November 6, 2012, NDN.org.
Forward, or Backward?, October 12, 2012, Letras Libres.
Reflections on My Fox News Debate About Libya: Administration Was Right From the Beginning on What Mattered Most, October 18, 2012, NDN.org.
Improving our Democracy: Reforming the Electoral College, October 18, 2012, NDN.org.
Taking the Pulse, September 2012, Poder Magazine.
Why Romney and Ryan's Lies Matter, August 30, 2012, The Huffington Post.
Why I Am Not Nervous, June 30, 2012, NDN.org.
A Moment of Opportunity for the Center-Left of the Developed World, May 8, 2012, NDN.org.
Romney's Biggest Gaffe So Far, April 13, 2012, NDN.org.
Video Briefing on 2012 Election, April 10, 2012, NDN.org.
Renewing our Democracy, April 6, 2012, NDN.org
Notable Work From Simon:
The 50 Year Strategy: A New Progressive Era (No, Really!), Mother Jones. November/December 2007. The seminal long-form article by Simon and Peter Leyden which made the case that big changes in demography, media and technology and in the issues in front of the American people was opening a new and promising political age for the American center-left.
The Age of Possibility (video), NDN.org. April 29, 2011. Video of a "TED" style talk given by Simon at Tufts University which makes the case that the 21st century is full of more possibility for humankind than any century in our history.
On Obama, Race, and the End of the Southern Strategy, NDN.org. January 4, 2008. Simon's reflections on the night of the Iowa Caucuses about the rise of Barack Obama and the emergence of a new Electoral College map and a possible new majority coalition for the Democratic Party.
TIME Features NDN Economic Analysis, Chart, Labels It "Most Important Chart in American Politics," NDN.org. February 5, 2013. In a new piece for Time Magazine, author Michael Scherer profiles the work of NDN/New Policy Institute, labeling a chart which is a distillation of years of economic analysis, "The Most Important Chart In American Politics."
Leaving the Reagan Era Behind, NDN.org. December 25th, 2012. Simon provides thoughts about the post-Sandy Hook shooting political environment, and the hard, tough struggles ahead necessary to usher in a new and better age of politics.
- Member for
- 8 years 4 weeks
- View recent blog entries
- The Battle for Hispanics is Joined
- On Obama, Race, and the End of the Southern Strategy
- Voters Deliver a Mandate for a New Economic Strategy
- Meeting the Challenges of the 21st Century – Crafting a Better CAFTA
- Making the Case: Fixing Our Broken Immigration System
- Making the Case: The Cutting-Edge Work of Winograd & Hais & the Emergence of a New Millennial Era
- Making the Case: Upgrading Our Online Infrastructure
- Making the Case: Latin America Policy Initiative
- Simon Rosenberg's Foreword to Crashing the Gate
- Building a Better America
- Simon Rosenberg's 2004 Address to NDN Annual Meeting
- The Clinton Presidency: Historic Economic Growth
- "Brownie, You're Doing a Heck of a Job"
- Absolute Power Corrupts...
- Conservatives' Weaker America
- Reviewing the Culture of Corruption
- Getting to the Bottom of the Administration's Case for War, Part I
- Getting to the Bottom of the Administration's Case for War, Part II
- Challenging the Republican Economic Record
- The State of Conservative Government, 2006
- Our Mission: Mastering the New Politics of the 21st Century
- Where We Are
- A Day of Reckoning for the Conservative Movement
- Quick post-election analysis
- The End of The Conservative Ascendancy
- Reflections on an Important Year
- The State of the Union is Stronger and Better
- The Conservative Retreat, Continued
- Challenging the President on the U.S.-Colombia FTA
- Transcript: Simon Rosenberg at "mHealth for Development"