- Support NDN
President and Founder
An experienced television news producer and highly regarded political strategist and thinker, Simon has spent more than twenty years in national media and politics. He is a veteran of two Presidential campaigns, including a leading role in the Clinton War Room, and in his current capacity advises leading politicians, Administration officials and policy makers on a wide range of issues here in the United States and abroad. He is a frequent commentator in the national media, appearing regularly in major national newspapers, political journals and on cable and network television. And he is very very excited about the rise of the Nationals in his adopted home town, Washington, DC.
Stay in touch with Simon:
Invite Simon to speak at your event:
To inquire about Simon's availability please email Chris Murphy at email@example.com or call him at 202.842.7217.
Recent Essays, Citations:
Matt Lewis Show: What The GOP Can Learn From DLC Modernizers, December 4th, 2015, mattlewis.com.
CBS Democratic Debate Draws Lowest Ratings, November 15th, 2015, Politico.
After Paris: An Early Take On What Comes Next, November 14th, 2015, NDN.org.
NDN Report on Presidential Economic Comparisons, October 23rd, 2015, NDN.org.
Getting Serious About Helping Puerto Rico, September 29th, 2015, The Hill.
Democrats Are Playing a Dangerous Game With the Debate Schedule, September 16th, 2015, TIME.
You should take Donald Trump's immigration plan seriously. Here's why, August 17, 2015, Washington Post.
The Liberal Order Needs An Upgrade, September 23rd, 2014, US News.
To Restore Prosperity, Puerto Rico Should Look To Ireland, September 17th, 2014, Co-Written with Dr. Robert Shapiro, Fusion.
4 Perspectives Addressing the Central American Migrant Crisis in the U.S., September 2nd, 2014, Aspen Institute Idea Blog
Notable Work From Simon:
The Liberal Order Needs An Upgrade, September 23rd, 2014, US News. Like an old building needing an upgrade, the liberal international order, now almost 70 years old, needs to go through a period of renewal and reform.
NDN Report on Central American Migrants, Obama's Border/Immigration Enforcement Record, July 18th, 2014, NDN.org. NDN/NPI's report finds that the Obama Administration has made the border safer, the immigration system better while dramatically expanding trade with Mexico. The report also reviews the current migrant crisis, and offers suggestions on what should happen next.
An Enduring Legacy: The Democratic Party and Free and Open Trade, January 21st, 2014, Huffington Post. The global system created by Presidents FDR and Truman has done more to create opportunity, reduce poverty and advance democracy than perhaps any other policies in history.
TIME Features NDN Economic Analysis, Chart, Labels It "Most Important Chart in American Politics," February 5, 2013, NDN.org. In a new piece for Time Magazine, author Michael Scherer profiles the work of NDN/New Policy Institute, labeling a chart which is a distillation of years of economic analysis, "The Most Important Chart In American Politics."
Leaving the Reagan Era Behind, December 25th, 2012, NDN.org. Simon provides thoughts about the post-Sandy Hook shooting political environment, and the hard, tough struggles ahead necessary to usher in a new and better age of politics.
The Age of Possibility (video), April 29, 2011, NDN.org. Video of a "TED" style talk given by Simon at Tufts University which makes the case that the 21st century is full of more possibility for humankind than any century in our history.
Crafting an American Response to the Rise of the Rest, January 21, 2010, Salon.com. In this essay written for Salon, Simon lays out three strategies for the Obama Administration to craft a comprehensive response to the new politics of the 21st Century.
Meeting the Challenges of the 21st Century, July 24, 2009, Demos. An essay which ran as part of a leading British think tank's series of essays on the future of center-left politics.
Obama: No Realist He, June 16, 2009, Huffington Post. Simon offers some thoughts about Obama's global brand in the early days of the Iranian uprising. The essay drew many comments in its more than 24 hours on the front page of Huffington Post.
On Obama, Race, and the End of the Southern Strategy, January 4, 2008, NDN.org. Simon's reflections on the night of the Iowa Caucuses about the rise of Barack Obama and the emergence of a new Electoral College map and a possible new majority coalition for the Democratic Party.
The 50 Year Strategy: A New Progressive Era (No, Really!), November/December 2007, Mother Jones. The seminal long-form article by Simon and Peter Leyden which made the case that big changes in demography, media and technology and in the issues in front of the American people was opening a new and promising political age for the American center-left.
A Laptop in Every Backpack, May 1st, 2007, Co-Written with Alec Ross, NDN.org. We believe that America needs to put a laptop in every backpack of every child. We need to commit to a date and grade certain: we suggest 2010 for every sixth grader.
Meeting the Challenges of the 21st Century: Crafting A Better CAFTA, June 7th, 2005, Co-Written with Dr. Robert Shapiro, NDN.org. We believe that an agreement with Central America is so important to how Americans approach the 21st century that we must commit ourselves to help negotiate and pass a better CAFTA.
- Member for
- 9 years 31 weeks
- View recent blog entries
- The Battle for Hispanics is Joined
- On Obama, Race, and the End of the Southern Strategy
- Voters Deliver a Mandate for a New Economic Strategy
- Meeting the Challenges of the 21st Century – Crafting a Better CAFTA
- Making the Case: Fixing Our Broken Immigration System
- Making the Case: The Cutting-Edge Work of Winograd & Hais & the Emergence of a New Millennial Era
- Making the Case: Upgrading Our Online Infrastructure
- Making the Case: Latin America Policy Initiative
- Simon Rosenberg's Foreword to Crashing the Gate
- Building a Better America
- Simon Rosenberg's 2004 Address to NDN Annual Meeting
- The Clinton Presidency: Historic Economic Growth
- "Brownie, You're Doing a Heck of a Job"
- Absolute Power Corrupts...
- Conservatives' Weaker America
- Reviewing the Culture of Corruption
- Getting to the Bottom of the Administration's Case for War, Part I
- Getting to the Bottom of the Administration's Case for War, Part II
- Challenging the Republican Economic Record
- The State of Conservative Government, 2006
- Our Mission: Mastering the New Politics of the 21st Century
- Where We Are
- A Day of Reckoning for the Conservative Movement
- Quick post-election analysis
- The End of The Conservative Ascendancy
- Reflections on an Important Year
- The State of the Union is Stronger and Better
- The Conservative Retreat, Continued
- Challenging the President on the U.S.-Colombia FTA
- Transcript: Simon Rosenberg at "mHealth for Development"